Back to Top
INGREDIENTS: Hot and fruity Caribbean coleslaw
- 3 tsp mustard, English or French
- 50ml cider vinegar
- 8 tbsp. soft light brown sugar
- 50ml olive oil
- ½ tbsp. hot chilli sauce
- ½ savoy cabbage, core removed, shredded
- ½ white cabbage, core removed, shredded
- ½ red onion, very thinly sliced
- ½ small mango, peeled and the flesh cut into matchsticks
- 2 red chillies, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the mustard, vinegar and sugar in a jar. Screw on the lid and give it a good shake.
- Add the oil, salt, pepper and hot chilli sauce.
- Shake again then pour into a large serving bowl.
- Toss in the cabbage, onion, mango and chillies and mix well. Taste, and add more salt and pepper if needed.
INGREDIENTS: Homestyle Jerk Chicken Wings
- For the jerk marinade
- 4 tsp all-purpose seasoning
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 90ml cider vinegar
- 1 Scotch Bonnet, with seeds, very finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely grated nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 16 chicken wings
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Mix together all the marinade ingredients in a shallow dish and add the chicken wings, turning them to coat really well.
- Cover and marinate in the fridge, ideally overnight, or for at least 1–2 hours.
- Barbecue the chicken wings for about 10 minutes or so, turning them over when they’re patched with brown.
INGREDIENTS: Rice n Peas
- 410g can red kidney beans
- 400ml Coconut milk
- 2 cups of basmati rice
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- Add the kidney beans (including the liquid) & the Coconut Milk to a large saucepan with the onion, garlic, thyme & salt.
- Add 2 cups of water stir through & then bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile rinse the rice in a sieve until the water runs clear.
- Once the Coconut Milk has reached boiling point add the rice, stir, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 mins or until the rice is cooked.