Great launch day at Celtic Manor Resort.
The H&C EXPO officially launched yesterday at The Celtic Manor Resort, where more than seventy guests heard about the event, dubbed ‘the first of a kind for the UK hospitality and catering industry taking place in Wales.’ Guests traveled from Scotland to take part and many other parts of the UK, London and the North West of England were particularly well represented.
Margaret Llewellyn OBE, Chair of the Welsh Government’s Tourism Advisory Board, chef Cyrus Todiwala OBE, Arwyn Watkins, President of the Culinary Association of Wales, Matthew Lewis, Operations Director of The Celtic Manor and ICC Wales were among those invited to speak at the launch event, hosted by Hospitality and Catering News Publisher Denis Sheehan and H&C EXPO Exhibition Director Mark Harris.
H&C Expo will take place across three floors of the Celtic Manor Resort’s convention centre in July 2018 for two days where an estimated 4,000 attendees will be able to visit six clear zones:
- Trade Zone – circa 100 exhibitors and ‘the ultimate coffee shop’
- Tasting Zone – food and drink features and tastings
- VIP Hosted Buyer Lounge – where 300 hosted buyers will meet with exhibitors and sponsors
- Learning Zone – hosting 12 round table discussions and masterclasses
- Mentor Zone – giving hospitality professionals the chance to meet industry leaders
- Skills Zone – a dedicated area for skills providers
A charity golf day will also be held to raise funds for the Hospitality and Catering Expo’s official charity partners – The Clink and Foxes Academy.