- 3 large aubergines cut thinly
- 3 tbsp. corn flour
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp. of oil
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp. of tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp of garam masala
- 1 tsp of kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 4 tbsp. of chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tsp of ginger & garlic paste
- Coat the aubergine with corn flour and deep fry them until crispy.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When they sizzle and turn a darker brown, add the sliced onions.
- Sauté until the onions turn soft and a light golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Then add the coriander powder, chilli powder, and turmeric.
- Fry for 20 seconds taking care not to burn the spices.
- Turning the heat lower at this stage helps, especially if you are a beginner cook.
- Now add the tomato paste and mix well. Now add the fried aubergine salt, kasuri methi, and garam masala. Mix well and turn off the heat.
- Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves.